About the Role
My client is a leading, rapidly-growing, multi-site specialty food manufacturer experiencing phenomenal growth. With exciting further growth and expansion plans laid out for 2022/2023, my client seeks a Quality Assurance Supervisor to join the Quality/Technical function at their site in County Durham.
Reporting to the Group Technical Manager, the QA Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating team activities ensuring compliance to company and legal policies.
- Investigating and setting standards for quality and health and safety
- Ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with standards at both national and international level
- Working with operating/production staff to establish procedures, standards and systems and writing management and technical reports.
- Ensure all daily quality controls and audit functions are completed on site whilst adhering to customer and food standards.
- Manage quality and technical issues on a daily basis.
- Manage as appropriate any food safety incidents in a professional, timely and efficient manner ensuring the wider support functions are informed.
- Support NPD product launches including first production runs.
- Supporting supplier, customer visits and internal and external audits.
- Ensuring sites are fully compliant against HACCP, Customer Standards and current legislations.
- Lead, coach and develop direct reports.
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensuring Hygiene and GMP standards are adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring all aspects of health and safety are followed and attend relevant health and safety training as required
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you possess demonstrable experience gained in a Quality role (to senior/supervisor level ideally) working within the food & drink manufacturing sector.
Key selection criteria
- Demonstrable strength and knowledge of quality assurance, controls and audits
- Strong knowledge of HACCP
- Strong knowledge of GMP standards
- First-rate communication and leadership skills
- Can work autonomously
- Knowledge of/experience of implementing continuous improvement activities (preferred)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company on a very exciting growth plan, looking to more than quadruple in size within the short-term future. My client can support career and personal development and are looking for candidates who seek a long and fruitful career with them.